How to Wash Milwaukee Heated Hoodie?
Hey there! So you just got yourself one of those awesome Milwaukee heated hoodies, huh? That smart move, my friend. Those things are game changers for working or playing outdoors in the cold. But before you head out in your new gear, it’s really important to know how to wash and care for it properly.
I know, I know – it’s just a hoodie, right? Throw it in the wash and dryer and call it a day. Not so fast! These high-tech hoodies have special requirements to keep the heating elements and battery pack functioning properly. Don’t worry; I’ll walk you through everything you need to know step-by-step.
Pre-Wash Prep Steps
First things first, you’ll need to get your hoodie ready for the wash:
- Always check the care tag and follow any special washing instructions.
- Make sure to remove the battery pack from the special pocket. You don’t want to damage it in the wash accidentally!
- Zip up and Velcro any zippers or closures so they don’t snag.
- Turn the hoodie inside out. This protects the outer fabric and heating elements.
- Pre-treat any tough stains by soaking in cold water or using a mild stain remover.
Washing Your Heated Hoodie
For the actual washing, you’ll want to be very gentle. Here are your options:
- Machine wash cold – Use a gentle cycle and mild detergent. Never use bleach or fabric softener!
- Hand wash – Use cold water and a bit of mild detergent. Gently swish around and rinse thoroughly.
Either way, try to avoid excessive twisting, pulling, or abrasion during washing. The inner heating elements are delicate.
Drying Your Milwaukee Hoodie
Drying is just as crucial as washing. You’ll want to limit heat exposure:
- Air dry – Lay your hoodie flat or hang it up. Keep away from direct heat.
- Tumble dry low – Use the lowest heat setting and remove before 100% dry.
The thermal lining takes longer to fully dry, so don’t overdo the heat. Your hoodie may still feel slightly damp when done drying.
Storing Your Hoodie
Between wears, be sure to store your hoodie properly:
- Keep it clean, dry, and away from moisture or dust.
- Always remove the battery pack before storage.
- Hang up or fold gently to avoid damage to heating elements.
Keep That Hoodie Looking Fresh
With regular wear, your hoodie will need some extra TLC to stay looking its best:
- Inspect zippers and Velcro for damage. Clean as needed.
- Check for loose threads and re-stitch right away.
- Use a lint roller to remove pet hair, dust, and debris.
- Spot clean stains as soon as they happen.
Battery Care Tips
That battery pack powers all the heat, so be sure to:
- Fully charge before first use and between wears.
- Store the battery safely away from your hoodie.
- Never expose the battery to moisture or extreme temperatures.
- Replace the battery immediately if damaged.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions:
- Can it go in the dryer? Yes, but only use the air or low heat cycles.
- How often should it be washed? Ideally every 5-10 wears, or whenever it’s noticeably dirty.
- What about stains? Spot treat promptly with mild detergent and cold water.
The Bottom Line
Treating your Milwaukee heated hoodie with care will ensure it withstands plenty of winter adventures. Taking the time to properly wash, dry, store, and maintain it will keep the fabric, heating system, and battery in top shape. Just be gentle, follow product instructions, limit heat exposure, and inspect regularly.
Now you can head out in total comfort and warmth while looking stylish too. Stay cozy my friend!